PTSM Discipleship Tips #1
1. We cannot help others very much if we are not first working on intentionally pursuing Christ ourselves.
2. The most important thing is doing the right thing for the right reason. The motivation must be pursuing Christ out of love. That is what we want to encourage most.
3. Simply doing the right "things" will not grow ourselves or someone else to maturity.
4. It is a good principle to have done what we ask others to do. Example is one of the best ways for one to learn.
5. There is no substitute for a mentor spending time with and truly getting to know the person being discipled.
So as you begin discipling someone through the PTSM, work on pursuing Christ yourself first. Then walk them through the "Motivation to Grow" portion of the Path to Spiritual maturity (PTSM) while encouraging pursuing Christ as the ultimate goal. The tools provided in thePTSM are intended to be aids in doing that. Not substitues for it! With that order and goal clear, one can then begin using the tools provided to accomplish that (the assessment, Bible reading plans, Scripture memorization, foundation articles/audio/video, and suggested applications etc.).