Are you mentoring someone along the Path to Spiritual Maturity? This is a place for interaction on how best to help disciple others in their journey. You can post your suggestions or comments here and we can interact and help one another out in pointing people to pursuing Christ above all else.
I am TonyTucci, with Bible.org, and am here to assist you in helping disciple others along the Path to Spiritual Maturity. You can leave your comments, questions, or requests here in this group and I will see what I can do to help!
*You can also reach me through e-mail: E-mail TonyTucci Here
*Or through group voice/chat on Skype: Thursdays 9-9:30 AM Eastern Standard Time (USA) and 6-6:30 PM EST. (In Skype, search for my Skype name: "PathToSpiritualMaturity" --without any spaces-- to locate me.)
May God bless you along your journey!
a servant of the Living God,
1. Do I have to/need to go through the Path to Spiritual Maturity myself in order to take someone else through it?
The short answer is "no." In general it is a good leadership principle to have gone through/done what one is asking someone else to do. It would be the most ideal to have gone, or be going through it along with the one being discipled. This would more readily allow for interaction over the Bible reading/ memorization/ applications/ content being used in pursuing Christ.
1. We cannot help others very much if we are not first working on intentionally pursuing Christ ourselves.
2. The most important thing is doing the right thing for the right reason. The motivation must be pursuing Christ out of love. That is what we want to encourage most.
3. Simply doing the right "things" will not grow ourselves or someone else to maturity.
4. It is a good principle to have done what we ask others to do. Example is one of the best ways for one to learn.